Sunday, October 5, 2014

General Conference

Some claim that media is a negative resource, one that only transmits negative messages and images, and that often robs children of their innocence. I've been known to join this negative mindset, viewing media as the perfect scapegoat for society's problems.

Yet after watching eight hours of completely wholesome media this weekend, I recognized how one-sided my faulty thinking has been. How remarkable that satellite broadcasting can enable the inspired words of God's prophets to be spread across the world--reaching the 15 million members of this church!

I'm truly humbled that our Heavenly Father has allowed the development of this technology, which can transmit his words so quickly to his children. I realized that the sweet spirit I felt was brought to my home, using a (supposedly treacherous) television as its medium.

I love general conference. I love God's word. I'm so grateful that millions of God's children, dotting 130+ nations of this world, were able to listen to his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment